Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fanart Corner - The Smiles VS Linlinman

Sakichy - Yuukarin - Dawa - Kanyon

Old-school S/mileage in cartoon-style. I drew this around the time Sakichy and Kanyon had their haircuts, hence the visible edits. This reminds me of how much S/mileage has changed since 2009. Like C-ute and other drawings in this series I haven't posted yet, the heads look fine to me, what I was going for (maybe they could skew a little more in the cartoonish or realistic directions.) But the bodies are too elongated. I went from big-headed cartoon-characters to more realistic proportions to... you'll see.

LinLin

Part 3 (final!) of the Graduation Special! (Super)LinLin(Man)! Again, a One Piece reference. She's such a dork. But that's the only thing that really tips me off that it's her in this drawing, so I consider this one a failure. A costume and an aura are not the only ingredients in a good caricature.




No comments:

Post a Comment