Friday, June 8, 2012

Idol Challenge 17 - Fangtastic

Day #17: N00b trying to bury their way into your heart.


Meimi. Unlike Haruka, who I liked practically from the start, I didn't know what to think of Meimi at the beginning. She was cute, both her face (yay, fangs!) and her voice. But she did have that weird forehead thing going on (though admittedly it made her stick out more and more fun to draw) and there seemed to be a lot of complaints about her. Normally in auditions, I just have my own opinions and the opinions of others aren't likely to sway me, unless there are some hilarious ideas for a girl's future in the group. We usually haven't seen all that the judges and producer have seen, only little snippets of what the agency wants to show us, so with all these girls we haven't seen much of, it really comes down to viewers' personal preference of which girl(s) will make the best addition(s).

But I wasn't able to see much of the S/mileage audition footage since I was busy and without Internet for awhile, and suddenly Meimi was announced as a winner. I was rooting for her, for the aforementioned cuteness, but then I had doubts. Did I miss the part where she was an annoying banshee that couldn't sing? And then I saw footage from Hello!Pro Time. And the live-streamed concert on YouTube. And then she became a lead singer when my least favorite member left. She may have messed up on her notes a bit in that concert, but she really can hold a tune most of the time and her voice is still so cute. And at least she sounds all right in the studio versions of the songs! (Maybe there is some recording "magic" going on, but at least it's to better appreciate her voice.)

I'm also a fan of her crazy hyperness, which makes her a lot more entertaining to watch than other members of the group. Any idol that can give me giggles has won a piece of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment