Thursday, June 14, 2012

Idol Challenge 22 - Colorful Closet

Day #22: Favorite costume.

S/mileage's "Uchouten Love"

I really can't choose between S/mileage's "Uchouten Love" costumes or Morning Musume's "Kare to Issho" costumes. Both of those are relatively recent, so I wouldn't be surprised if within the next year, I have some new favorites. But for now, the two aforementioned costumes reflect two of my favorite tastes in fashion.

For "Uchouten Love", they have a "that's so 80's" look to them. There's nice bright neon colors that still retain a cool vibe. I love S/mileage's hair styles (that's part of the outfit, too, right?) and the wide-necked tops remind me of the ideal high school I dreamed of when I was little (and the disappointment when I realized those were re-runs from the 80's and nobody dressed like that anymore except teachers for retro day.)

Morning Musume's "Kare to Issho"

"Kare to Issho", however, looks like a comic or cartoon brought to life. Bright and vividly colored with lots of quirky detail. It's an escape to a more exciting, happy world. And they look so fun to draw. In fact, I'm going to be working on some small cartoony illustrations of the girls in these outfits because I love them so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment