Saturday, June 9, 2012

Idol Challenge 18 - Kappactress

Day #18: The best actress.


To be honest, I've rarely seen the girls act aside from the acting they do as their idol personas. I know the girls act a lot in musicals and do have some movies and television shows they've starred or appeared in, but I haven't found them accessible and I don't have the time (let me know when Crunchyroll, Viki, or the like have them available to stream, though.) But I have seen commercials for some of the them, so I have concluded that Airi is currently H!P's best actress. (This is all my opinion from what I have seen, of course.)

She's such a goofy character as an idol, the laid-back absent-minded genius. So it really surprised me to see how cool, dark, even sadistic she appeared to be in the commercials for the horror movies "Ousama Game" and "Gomennasai". Looking fierce and such for a magazine photoshoot is different than actually acting out in a believable way on film (i.e. idols that can do sexy poses for modeling photoshoots but come off as dorks if they try the same pose on video, because they start laughing too hard.) In the commercials for those movies, I didn't just see Airi, the idol, but I saw an interesting character that made me wish those films (especially "Ousama Game") was available with English subtitles (legally, I mean.)




No comments:

Post a Comment