Friday, February 3, 2012

H!P Funny of the Week - Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons

I love you, Yossie.

I mentioned Utaban clips as one of the series that originally endeared me to the girls of Hello!Project. Another was Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons. First I watched Aibon and Nono's lessons, but desired more! It really helped me memorize the faces of Morning Musume's Golden Era members and opened me up to trying out Minimoni and eventually the rest of Morning Musume (because of how entertaining Mari and Yossie were. Sadly, I learned Mari had already left the group by the time I watched those clips.)

I learned more than just how hilarious English sounds with a thick accent from a non-native speaker (apparently "frying" pigs are not a common occurrence in Japan, as it is in America.)

I learned that Nono's butt was lethal (a precursor to the Momo Attack?)

I learned that Mari is an aspiring exhibitionist (a precursor to that SMAP guy?) (Thanks, International Wota. XD)

I learned that idols are so underfed that they can surprise the audience with decent English, just to get a slice of damn cake (a precursor to K-Pop?)

I really recommend the series to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I've experienced its power of conversion firsthand, so it's totally something fans could show their friends to introduce them to H!P.

I think UFA may know this and that's why there are still Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons clips on YouTube from 2006 and 2007. Overseas fans don't come out of nowhere and I think subtitled clips are responsible for the health of the overseas fandom. Now if only they could simulcast Hello!Pro Time on Crunchyroll!

See, this is why people tease you, Mari.

1st Generation Butt Attacker Nono. Momo is 2nd Gen. Who will be the 3rd Gen? Meimei? Zukki?

It's not nice to pick on midgets, Ayaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment