Friday, February 3, 2012

H!P Funny of the Week - Mari Abuse

This was supposed to be posted the first Friday of January. I am horribly behind.. perhaps this should be "Funny of the Month" instead.

Demonstrating how a certain girl uses her talents.

One of the things that got me into idols in the first place was the silly things they did on their television appearances. Yes, my first interest was sparked by a catchy, cute song (W's "Ai no Imi wo Oshiete!"), but staying up to the wee hours of the morning watching hilarious subtitled clips made them unforgettable. I was hooked, in love with their silly personalities, an H!P fan forever. I don't think that would have happened just by watching their music videos. I might have just moved on to the next catchy song.

One such show that I enjoyed finding clips of was Utaban. Two hosts making fun of their guests equals pure awesome. I especially liked when they made fun of Mari Yaguchi. She's so cute when she's embarrassed. Like when the hosts got a hold of her photobook shot in Vietnam...

Yaguchi's such a pervert! Her photobook even made a baby Momo cry!

Another awesome clip, but now missing from YouTube, was when Morning Musume took questions from an audience of children:

[Kid's question: Do idols fart?]


Ishibashi: That's from Ayaka, in grade 2.


Masahiro Nakai: Ayaka-chan?


Ayaka: Yes?


Nakai: Ayaka-chan, what did your mother tell you?


Ayaka: She said that idols never fart.

Source

Mari, unsure of destroying the kid's fantasy, eventually admits to letting out silent ones...

Masahiro Nakai: Yaguchi, don't go half-way! Those silent ones stink even worse!

Source


When Mari says that everyone farts, Charmy doesn't look too happy, heheh. Poor Mari~ I make silent farts, too, and my family teases me just like those hosts did to her! I have a lot of respect for her admitting it on TV, though, and I think the kids respected her for it, too. Maybe that's why kids seem to like her a lot. She's both silly and honest. And cute!

Click here for more hilarious quotes from Utaban!

No comments:

Post a Comment