Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fanart Corner - OMG The Faces

Manoeri

Back around the summer of 2009, I drew Morning Musume in cartoon-style. Those scans were lost when I recently re-imaged my laptop, so I'll have to find them again to scan and post (they are actually in not so good shape because they were torn out of a large, flimsy sketchbook. They are probably fraught with creases by now.) Then I decided to draw everyone in H!P in that style (though the style skewed worse and worse later on.) From 2009-2011, I drew the rest of the girls. Here's Erina Mano, H!P's composite of famous faces and sole soloist. She actually doesn't look so bad, just not as angular as the original style I used for Morning Musume. She even resembles herself a little, gasp!

Rii

Caricature of Risako Sugaya. Well, this looks like her. The ears, lips, and eyes (kind of) are hers. But they fit together so awkwardly. I need to find a way to draw her that exaggerates her features but doesn't make her look so terrible, because she really is a pretty girl (despite what Hello!Project's fashion supervisors would have us think. H!P, please stop putting your thicker girls in granny clothes!)



No comments:

Post a Comment