Thursday, April 12, 2012

Retro Corner - Bubblegum Crisis' "Konya wa Hurricane"


This is actually a song I came across relatively recent, maybe a year ago, if that. It's from the anime Bubblegum Crisis, an anime that I came close to watching over a decade ago, but never did. Even though it sounded interesting from articles in anime magazines, I always ended up renting a Ranma 1/2 or Tenchi Muyo tape instead. If I just rented Bubblegum Crisis once, maybe I would remember this song as fondly as the Ranma songs.

So instead I was exposed to "Konya wa Hurricane" (1987) through multiple references at Anime News Network. Hearing praise for a retro song I had never heard before, I had to check it out! It's not quite as epic as I expected (my expectations were high after the multiple compliments about it.) It seemed like pretty standard 80's girl-rock from Japan. But standard or not, I do like that 80's rock sound, so it's still cool to me. It kind of makes me want to watch Bubblegum Crisis, if I have the opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment