Thursday, April 5, 2012

Retro Corner - Yuuyu's "Tenshi no Bodyguard"



I don't know much about individual Onyanko Club members aside from a few names of the girls that went solo and that one of the girls married their producer, Akimoto. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Yukiko Iwai, Yuuyu (#19). I first noticed her in her solo songs and work in Ushiroyubi Sasaregumi. Her voice is super cute! And then when I looked up information about her, I found out she was short! Pretty superficial reasons to like someone, I know. But I like the songs she sings in, especially this one, "Tenshi no Bodyguard." (1987) It's catchy and cute, a combo that is hard to disappoint me! I really like the gentle parts of the melody. It's just adorable.

I always go into writing this "Retro Corner" column meaning to say some deep reason why I enjoy these songs and why others should give them a listen. But every time it's the same story- it's cute, catchy, beautiful, etc. The lesson learned here: don't come to me for deep, meaningful media recommndations. All you'll get is a bunch of cartooons and cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment