Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rival Waah - Denpagumi.inc's "Kuchizuke Kibonnu"


When other blogs mentioned this song, Denpagumi.inc's "Kuchizuke Kibonnu", they seemed to focus on the gimmick of the music video, which is "animated" with Polaroid photos being laid on a table. That is cool, yes, but without being a fan of the individual girls (and the photos themselves aren't enough to endear me them either... they are too small and go by too fast), I'm not so interested in the video itself.

But I love this song. The verses remind me of the 80's, the instrumental has a pleasing bass, the voices show emotion despite being rather cutesy. I listen to this song purely for aesthetic enjoyment and not because I have favorites "adding meaning." Is this really idol music? Not that I'm complaining.

But it also makes me realize that music has no bearing on whether I want to become a fan of an idol. Despite liking this song, I didn't have any desire to become fans of the individual members. Listen to more music from them, yes, but get to know the girls? I didn't have a reason to. I guess it really does take funny videos and pictures, or a music video full of character to appreciate idols as idols and not judge them solely as performers or artists.




No comments:

Post a Comment