Monday, April 30, 2012

Rival Waah - Fudanjuku's "Love Spider"

Since embedding is disabled, please watch the video on YouTube here.

I'm in love with these "guys." Color-coded? Check. Cute and cool at the same time? Check! Goofy? Check. Nerdy? Check. No need for a cod piece? Cheeeck! There's even a manga about them, which I would seriously consider buying if it was released in English. The concept of the group is genius, at least from the perspective of a female idol group that wants to bait female fans just as much or more than male fans.

Fudanjuku's "Love Spider" is another song that has a "this is so 80's feel." Can you tell I like songs that incorporate retro sounds yet? Hee. And that beginning little tune that repeats later in the song! It's like a herald of awesomesauce and just those five seconds get stuck in my head. Which then recalls the rest of the song and it gets stuck in my head, too.

Fudanjuku may not sound much like a male group. Some of the girls come close, but many are unmistakably women, which dictates how the group sounds as a whole. But that doesn't matter, because they all look like gorgeous guys. If they didn't charm me so much as idols, maybe I would want more consistency between their sound and image (even if that meant altering their pitch and having them lip sync in live shows.) But no, I'm content to listen to this awesome song while admiring their gorgeous cosplay. This is a group built on fantasy and I don't mind playing along.

I love Yellow's nose, hehe. But otherwise, I don't have a favorite, they are all cute with their own precious quirks.




2 comments:

  1. I really liked it! The song is catchy and they have lovely voices (the background sounded Ayreon-ish in places <3). I'll have to check them out.

    I loved the androgyny too. I find that thin line between masculine and feminine to be very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm really glad something grabbed your interest! :D I'm going to have to re-listen to some Ayreon so I can see if I hear the resemblance, too (I did remember they were one of the recommendations I would give a thumbs-up to.)

    The androgyny is definitely what sells this act (and the slash pairings they tease fans with.) I think they made a good decision when they decided this year to focus on Fudanjuku instead of Nakano Fujoshi Sisters (the group where they perform as women.)

    ReplyDelete