Thursday, December 1, 2011

Idol Challenge 01 - Insane Princess Peach

I'm going to sneak this in before December 1st officially ends for me... the first of the 30 Day Idol Challenge posts!

Day #1: Your Favorite Idol


Definitely Momoko Tsugunaga from Berryz Koubou and Buono! Her personality is almost always entertaining to watch. And by almost, I mean sometimes her overacting is too much (like after the main prank in Berryz' Alo-Hello) and I want to slap her. But now television hosts and other H!P girls slap her around for me, so it's all good.

So yeah, I tend to like annoying characters. As long as she's pissing off everyone but me, I adore her.

Momo is also an idol I can respect. Her over the top character is so obviously fake, that the glimpses into her real life are more interesting than a let down. She seems to be an ambitious, reserved, intelligent girl behind the scenes. She's studying elementary education at university while being a super active idol in two groups (thus she already has a job lined up so she won't be in granny idol limbo in the next six or seven years!) And she already seems to be a mentor to the younger members. I have a lot of hope for young Kudo just knowing Momo's been working with her. You may laugh, but I think she's similar to Yossie behind the scenes, a humorous but helpful big sister type.

I like both worlds of Momo: the world she self-awarely lets us see and the world we glimpse from facts and the hearsay of other members.

Oh, and she's a fan of Pokemon. I gotta love her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment