Monday, December 12, 2011

Idol Challenge 11 - Stuck-up Diva

Day #11 - The One Who's Not Your Type But Totally Won You Over Eventually.


Sayumi Michishige of Morning Musume. I liked cuteness, but not super girliness. And snobby characters tend to bug me. (Koharu was another member that I had to warm up to later... how she related anything to her name if possible annoyed me and made me think she was too full of herself.) Sayu seemed to be all the negative stereotypical traits of a female wrapped up in one. She was too delicate, narcissistic, too occupied with her appearance, and just too girly!!

I know what you're thinking. Momo. Momo came later for me and she was so over-the-top, it was funny.

But back to Sayu, the Rainbow Pink duo of her and Koha were my most disliked Morning Musume members for awhile. (I liked the song, though, for its annoying troll-worthiness.) But then that changed in 2009. I realized how boring 5th generation was and appreciated the silliness and strength of Sayu and Koha's female caricatures.

And Sayu turned out not to be as bad as I first thought. She's interested in Math and Tetris, and she admits her flaws. Plus she really is a cute and beautiful girl. A cute and beautiful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment