Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Idol Challenge 06 - My Little Pygmies

Day #6 - Favorite Sub-Group?

My Little Pygmies, Gen 3

I consider Buono! a regular group, not a sub-group... so my favorite sub-group would be both past and (sort of) present Minimoni! The concept of a group of shorties appealed to me because I'm a short myself. And Aibon and Nono (and Mari, the third H!P girl I noticed and became a fan of) were in it. And I really like cutesy, catchy music because it's fun and I can troll people.

The current line-up is just as cute, and its formation allowed me to recognize Karin's singing talent and charisma instead of always thinking of her as a creepy alien-child (where did the whites of her eyes go?!) The revamped group doesn't have as much distinct vocals (the loss of Lin Lin completely destroyed what was unique.) And they lack the chemistry of the original. But their music is still super cute, as are their voices, so hopefully they'll add another cute shorty and continue to sing as a group. I'm sure new leader Kanyon could make the group interesting again with her new ramped-up "evil brat" personality.

My Little Pygmies, Gen 1
Gen 2 let a normal sized person in and she ruined it. D:<

No comments:

Post a Comment