Saturday, December 31, 2011

Karin for President in 2012

In 2010, I did a list of hopes and predictions for Hello!Project. Some of them came true over the past two years, like ninth generation auditions and I think I wished for happier music. Well, now I'll give my hopes and predictions for 2012, which seem more possible now after 2011, the year of change!

Karin. The Messiah comes in 2012.

1.) No one graduates. After a lot of changes, they need a bit more stability. They need to promote the members and make them known again, which is confusing if too many people leave the main groups in a short period of time. I don't want another relatively stable period like 2007-2010, though. Someone's got to at least announce their graduation, probably Gaki, Aika (she needs to re-define her character now to remain viable to the group, I think), or someone from Berryz Koubou or C-ute. And if there is a graduation at the end of year, that's fine, it's just I enjoy where H!P is at right now (especially Morning Musume) and I want to enjoy them in their current state for the greater part of 2012.

2.) If Berryz Koubou and/or C-ute split up, they'll at least keep Buono! These groups are aging fast and Berryz seems to be getting a lot of negative reactions from overseas fans (I don't know what Japanese fans think, but Berryz' sales are going down and down, if that's any indication.) But Buono! is a epic group and it would be safer than girls having "solo" careers under Up-Front only. Safety in numbers! I would really miss Chinami and Chisato, though...

3.) A new indies group of Eggs is formed to make a major debut in 2013. After refilling the Egg roster after weeding or debuting the older Eggs, H!P can spare two to eight (or more, but unlikely) to make a new group to test (especially if neo-Momusu and neo-S/mileage are a success, allowing for a bigger budget.) I have a feeling Karin might go solo in 2012, but being a front girl in a new group would be more interesting. (Save the next solo act for Jang!)

4.) Auditions for Morning Musume and/or S/mileage announced by the end of the year. They have to keep this up! Auditions are fun to watch, get fans interested and involved (look at all the audition blog and forum posts), and get media attention.

5.) One of H!P's groups gets a 100,000 seller single. Dream Morning Musume does not count, even though I wish them well. But if current Morning Musume or S/mileage achieves such sales, it will be a victory. And with Momusu's 50th single coming up, it just may be possible.

6.) Dolls or figurines are sold. I still want this! But not like that crazy-expensive Erina Mano figure. More like how Barbie has celebrity dolls or the Spice Girls had fashion dolls. I would totally collect my favorites (which means at least ten, but I just may go overboard!)

7.) They get a manga or 4-panel comic strip tie-in. AKB48 has had a couple, and now an anime is coming out in April. The Reinya anime was okay. H!P needs more! Crossovers reach a wider audience and are fun! Mizuki could draw it. I was about to suggest Airi, but the poor girl already has so much work to do already. But Mizuki needs to shine somehow, so I totally think they could use her art as a gimmick with an occasional comic strip.

8.) More overseas releases and events. The more American conventions they attend, the greater chance they'll stop by a city near me. And American CDs are cheaper than the Japan and Taiwan versions and sometimes the Korea version. This is totally selfish, I know. I like my physical media, but I have so many hobbies, I don't have enough money to get every release I want, and definitely not at Japan's prices (yeah, I'm a terrible fan because I spend way more money on Pokemon toys and games.)

9.) They get another show other than Hello!Pro Time. Even if it is a webshow, because Sayu's Ustream was pretty informative and cool. It sounds like at least Fan Club members will get this with the new Morning Musume members at the beginning of 2012. I would really like to see some sketch/variety again, though. H!P Time is fun in its own candid way, but I like seeing the girls define themselves in skits, too. I'm jealous of AKB48 and their half-dozen or more programs.

10.) They continue to make stranger concepts with catchy songs. They can still be cool and catchy with singles, but alternate between strange, cute, and cool. Catchy is the bottom line. But seriously, the new chicken suits are totally awesome. They're even cooler than the S/mileage piggies.


I'm crossing my fingers for an awesome 2012 for H!P!

No comments:

Post a Comment