Monday, December 12, 2011

Idol Challenge 09 - Whiny Brat

Day #9 - The Voice You Dislike


Mai Hagiwara's of C-ute. I like some nasally voices, like Tsuji's or Momo's. But Maimai's is too nasally even for me! People bash on Reina's screechy voice for sounding like it's whining, but in my opinion, Maimai's sounds ten times worse, like a perpetual whine. Her duet with Nakky, though, "Disco Queen" wasn't that bad, so maybe the similar nasal voices harmonized well and canceled out the bad.

Another positive note- at least the whiny voice fits her bratty personality, heh.

Yurina Kumai from Berryz Koubou is my second disliked voice. It doesn't sound that bad by itself and it is very unique (so naturally, I should like her voice), but whenever it follows someone else singing, it almost sounds off-key (I think maybe I mean pitch?) She needs to go solo or sing with girls that complement her voice better, I think. She should sound unique, but not distract from a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment