Friday, December 2, 2011

Idol Challenge 02 - Holy Moley

Day #2: The Idol You Hate or Dislike


Yuuka Maeda of S/mileage. Something about her gave me bad vibes ever since she was added to the unit High-King. And the not always having a real smile and seeming out of it look that people claimed to see when the auditions for the second gen S/mileage were announced? Yuuka has been like that since at least right before S/mileage officially debuted, as far back as 2009.

I personally think she's stuck-up and she's such a terrible actress that she can't hide it. The other H!P members compliment how cute and sweet she is. Like they are trying to re-enforce an act that isn't being performed well. Yes, I'm suggesting some of their anecdotes are manufactured by the staff to tell the fans what kind of idol Yuuka is supposed to be. An idol persona needs to be shown, not told, and that is where she fails for me. She may be cute on the outside, but I'm not seeing the sweetness. I just get mad seeing her.

One may think I'm happy that she's leaving at the end of this year. But it's complicated and that thought is better for a different post.

I don't know who I"m going to dislike most next when she leaves. Probably Mai Hagiwara from C-ute. I don't like her bratty personality, but somehow it doesn't taint her image for me like Yuuka. Sometimes I find Maimai incredibly cute, even. I almost want to like her, which I can't say for Yuuka.

And new S/mileage member Rina Katsuta is just there. That might actually be the worst position to be in as an idol. But I can't dislike her so much.

Now for an entire group that I dislike purely for stupid, superficial reasons, look no further than AKB48 subgroup French Kiss.

Left to right - Ex-Marine Mammal, Holier Than Aika, Mr. Censored

Yuki Kashiwagi - I don't like how she is constantly used as an example of H!P making bad decisions. Aika is usually hated on in such discussions because Aika passed the same Morning Musume audition Yukirin failed. And I actually like Aika best, so there. (Yup, butthurt Aika fan here, though the poor girl doesn't even make my top ten list anymore.)

Asuka Kuramochi - She used to look like a beaver and that scared me. Also, she reminds me of a roommate I had that would come back to the apartment at 4 AM and bang on the door because she was too drunk to use her keys.

Aki Takajo - She reminds me of one of my high school history teachers. He probably doesn't look as good in a bikini, but something about their faces is similar. It's creepy. He's wasn't a bad teacher, but I don't exactly want to think of him in a frilly white dress dancing around singing pop songs. No. Just no.

And that's it for today! I didn't mean to offend anyone with these opinions. I know some were mean and stupid, but I'm being honest about how I feel. Things should be more positive on this blog from here on out. Unless Moley is mentioned again. Or the girls I never want to French Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment